With the arrival of summer comes the chance to dabble in new fashions and fill that closet with a few more pairs of shoes. Here are five shoes you’ll need this summer to keep you on trend and fashion forward:
- Platform Flats: Being called “Flatforms”, these playful shoes give you the casual look of your favourite flats and the height and fashion of your favourite platform 70’s throwback styles. These are perfect with short shorts, minis and maxis and jeans and will be seen in just about every casual canvas and sneaker style you can imagine.
- Ultra Chunky: The platform is being replaced with a far chunkier version that will test your balance and take up more space on the sidewalk than any shoe has a right to! This look is meant to be chunky not clunky – stay feminine so you aren’t stomping around like Frankenstein!
- Gladiator: The gladiator straps still rule as a summer fashion this year. You will see them across the foot all the way up to the knee so you can choose which ones suit your personal sense of style. You will also see them in flats all the way up to stilettos so be prepared to totter if you prefer the sexy, narrow heel. If you are venturing across lawns in your gladiator stilettos make sure you have your Starlettos high heel covers handy so you keep your steps above ground and don’t sink down into the lazy green grass!
- Bowlicious: Bows in all shapes and sizes are adding a high fashion statement in large styles and delicate feminine look in smaller bows. These pretty details can be ultra simple or abundant and massive adding a can’t miss accessory when you want to put your best foot forward at special occasions like weddings and lawn parties. Satin bows will be popular, but you will see some higher end leathers polished to perfection to mimic satin.
- Fur and Feathers: Back to nature, these details will appear both in faux and real forms. Fur can be mimicked with thinly shredded letter, faux mink or simple detailing on edges and straps. Feathers might be hanging from ankle straps or form the actual straps themselves. They have a very native feel that is primal and borderline hippy depending on the styles you choose.
These shoes will keep your feet pretty and poised for summer weather from casual to evening and beach to pub crawling. Remember though, when enjoying outdoor summer events, keep your Starlettos high heel protectors in your purse so you can stay above ground while others are sinking into the grass!